Friday, May 26, 2017

Film Noir

Each year my program, Spokane Falls Community College, rents the Riverside Event Center and we students, along with instructors, are able to do some real location photography.  The goal is to give us the opportunity to use our creative vision to create various photo shoots, all ranging from large production to small production shoots.  My friend, Cory, and I arranged for two large production shoots.  We find models for these shoots, use a hair and make-up school to get our models all ready, and even have to put out costumes together.  Thankfully we have the assistance of our local Civic Theater that guides us with our costumes.

The second of these shoots was a film noir type image.  Cory headed up this shoot and I assisted.  We had a lot of fun capturing these, but it was a process for sure!  We recruited three of our fellow classmates to model for us, along with my daughter.  Our vision was a male piano player with three femme fatales vying for his attention.  The photo below is one of the images I captured in-between shots that Cory was taking.  We were getting all set up while we waited for our final lady to finish getting her hair and makeup done.


In addition to working with Cory for the group large production image, I wanted to take advantage of the lights to capture some other images I had in mind with our ladies.  I have a friend who has a 3D printer and asked him to make me an old time microphone (if you want more info on this let me know and I can connect you with him).  


These images are a start, I know I still have much to learn, but I enjoyed working on them!



No comments:

Post a Comment