Sunday, March 19, 2017

Video Short - Studio 1 Final Project

Prior to this quarter I had no knowledge of how to create a video.  This was an effort for sure!  I got it figured out pretty well; iMovie was the source I used to create it.  This program is fairly simple to use; I was able to figure it out without any assistance.  I had to use the same program to create the video for my studio design course last week.

One of the challenges I faced was that a lot of the video I recorded was far more than what I needed for this project.  Clipping it down to meet the 2-3 minute requirement took me a very long time to do because there were several things in each one that I wanted to keep to share.  I am excited to have learned this new skill and to see other ways I can use it in the future.  I think it’s fun seeing how the videos can enhance your still photos in a new way by seeing what goes into making these images.  We see photographs and don’t necessarily think about the lighting or the time that was needed to make the images.  I have a better understanding now of the production of these images and by seeing them put together with the video helped that knowledge.

This studio class was challenging for me.  I learned a lot, but I also know that I still have so much more to learn.  Ratios are still a hard concept for me to understand; time will improve that.  I also learned that my notes need to be better throughout the quarter. I am aware that I am a procrastinator, it’s something that I drive myself crazy with, but I need to do better in future quarters.  I am hoping that if the assignment requirements are the same, like the blog style formatting record, and the video short, that I can create the documents as we go through each class so that I am not trying to sort all of the things at one time, creating undue stress on myself.

I enjoyed learning how to photograph people and still life better.  This was something I had wanted to improve on when I began the class.  I am by no means done with learning, I hope to be a lifelong learner, but I’m glad I have a better understanding of lighting and posing/positioning subjects/objects. 


I am looking forward to this next quarter of classes where we will be learning more about color and doing some location photography. 


No comments:

Post a Comment